BOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOS

our clan forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» I'm back
Motivations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:33 pm by shadowsn1

» QUESTIONS THREAD ONLY!!!
Motivations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:05 pm by -modmich-

» introduce you'reself here (no new topics all in this tread)
Motivations Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:15 pm by -modmich-

» OFF TOPICS THREAD
Motivations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 am by keenoxlong

» THOSE WHO DONT KNOW HOW TO READ!!!
Motivations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:12 pm by shortie83

» Woarther is back!
Motivations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 am by buggyball

» Motivations
Motivations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:50 am by buggyball

Statistics
We have 40 registered users
The newest registered user is proximityinfotech3

Our users have posted a total of 226 messages in 48 subjects
Top posters
buggyball
Motivations EmptyMotivations Voting_bar2Motivations Empty 
javy153
shortie83
shadowsn1
-modmich-
Therodore
keenoxlong
Seannnnny
ceejay1005
ragnarok7
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Motivations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
buggyball
Admin
buggyball

Motivations Empty
PostSubject: Motivations   Motivations Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:42 am

I just stumbled over a short thought "why do I even care about this game?" my aswer was because I like the people in my clan..and the people with who I play a lot.

I certainly had my peak when shortie was on a lot, and when I just joined his clan.

I played with shortie a short while ago....he aint on as much anymore..first it was his internet..then a hackwave...now he's lost in some other game. and he admits he doesn't care as much about this game no more. the old shortie is completely lost...its only a matter of time before he leaves clan or forgets his login credentials
the clan tumbled in depression and my attemps to revive it fail..this depresses me even though I still have a good core with whom I like to play...but somehow my feellings have changed, I like playing with them but it isn't the same as "back then".
most of my IRL friends only play on occasion..this was always so..but some friends ingame just disapeared...online 1 day..never to be seen the next.

so for how long will the answer to my question hold..how long will the people in my clan remain active..how long will the few remaining ingame friends stay around..how long will I care.

I am just wondering how many people have asked themselves the same question.

as a creature of emotion, the moment i can play this game as a robot, that day wil probably be the last day I play it.
Back to top Go down
ceejay1005

Motivations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivations   Motivations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 am

I use to play...a long time ago...actually, within the first few months it was open to play where 99% of the players didn't speak english. I played it off and on for 2-3 months. I then faded away from it (not exactly sure why, probably parties and such) about 6 months to a year, i started playing again, this time getting really into it, buying premium and everything. after playing it for about 6-7 months, i again, lost interest or found interest elsewhere. I always say i played a year ago, when in fact, the more i think about it...its been longer. its getting closer to two years ago.

Anyways, more on the present........ As you can tell from my past, I always walk away, but find myself coming back. I'm here now and have been playing for about 4-5 months now. each time i come back, i get more and more into it. this time is different...i've joined my first clan, where i have more motivation to play, and feel that my clannies need me (i know its not true, but i have a reason to play that way Very Happy.)

As you all should know or at least most (if u haven't, now you know) I am joining the military. (Either Army or AirForce) Yes, that means downtime from Warrock. I know at least 2 months (basic training) after that, i'll be in AIT...soo, i'm not exactly sure on what i'll be able to do or when i'll get spare time. HOWEVER, after that. I know at some point, i will find myself back on Warrock. I surely hope that you guys will still be around, if not. I have other way to contact a few of you and can try to get back into contact to see how you guys are doing.

Long story short....i'll always be here. lol!
Back to top Go down
buggyball
Admin
buggyball

Motivations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivations   Motivations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 pm

I have had a lot of interrests im different games. I play warrock now for 1 to 1,5 years, I played magic the gathering for 7 years and I'm now starting my 3th year in D&D. I usually stick with game's for years on end and my resolve hardly ever fades (hey I'm a gamer)

I just wonderd what makes people wanna play the game, for me its usually the community or the players with whom I play. and the feeling I have during the game. Magic however fell apart as soon as the school buddy's with whom I played, graduated. yeah you still play on occasion but it felt different..eventually time got scarse deu to homework or work..then interrest faded away..and I havn't played the game since.

the game itself ofcoarse has to be decent, but if I have a good group to play with I can go on for years on end.

I hope I'll still be around for years....and I hope, should I ever give up...that I have the same as you: the Boomerang effect
Back to top Go down
buggyball
Admin
buggyball

Motivations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivations   Motivations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:50 am

yup i still love warrock, and I hope I'll love it for a very long time to come,

I know some game's have the boomerang effect, I started playing magic again. different group but it feels good. though I'll never spend the same amount of money on it then I did before.

ah well for aslong as there is some form of "hard core" to play with I'll probably have fun playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motivations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivations   Motivations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motivations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BOS :: QUESTIONS AND OFF TOPIC!!!! :: QUESTIONS AND OFF TOPIC ONLY!!!-
Jump to: